Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Blog Week 10
The article I chose from the New York Times was, Good to Be King in Snake-Eat-Snake World. This article is about different animals and how they adapt to their environments. The King Cobra has the power to kill a human being in about fifteen minutes. The venom from a King Cobra could kill an elephant in just a few hours. I do not know exaclty how this article could relate to me much, but I can state that I have adapted to my environment. Mongoose and Squirrels have grown immune to specific snake venom over time and are tougher prey to catch. I could say that I have adapted to my environment by staying away from the venom in our society. I have never been involved with drugs or any kind of criminal mischief. There are so many things I could have done with my friends, but I am glad I refused. Just the other day I saw a good friend of mine at work. He was my best friend, but things changed when he was getting into high school. He began doing drugs and was involved with the law in a negative way. We slowly stopped talking and I never saw him much. He didnt graduate high school, and the last thing I heard of him was that he was working at a fast food joint with no other options in life but drugs and laziness. I'm glad I grew immune to his stupidity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment